How to Beat The Summer Heat
Here are a few tips to stay cool in the summer!
- Summer clothes - Tank tops, shorts, flip-flops, visors, etc.
- Tiger balm (obtainable at any pharmacy.)
- A spray-bottle fan (check at walmart or other stores)
- Cool drinks
- Fruit salad, cold sandwiches, jello, popscicles, icecream
- 1 Stay hydrated! The best way to keep cool is to keep a cold drink on hand. Iced tea is a classic summertime drink. Lemonade is also very cooling. Avoid extra-sugary soft drinks. The sugar and caffeine will just make you thirstier and fills you with empty calories. Try Crystal Light on-the-go in a water-bottle if you want some extra flavor.
- 2 Change your air-conditioning filters once a month. I know, it's a pain, but keeping your AC free from dust, animal fur and other blockages will let it run at optimum efficiency. This will save you money on your electric bill, and keep you cool! Have the AC in your car tuned up as well. This service is available at most local service stations.
- 3 Dress for the summer sun! Wear light clothing, and try to keep the layers to a minimum. If shorts are unacceptable at the office, try capris. That added bit of exposed skin can really make a difference. If you're a suit-wearer, get a suit that is made in "tropical weight." The tailor will know what this means.
- 4 Still sweating? Try some tiger-balm! This herbal, mentholyptus-based salve is great for sore muscles, but it also provides a cooling sensation to your skin. Apply a small amount to your skin before slathering it on. Sensitive skin may find it a little too strong. Spray-fans are also popular. These battery-operated fans are affixed to a spray bottle that you fill with water. You can mist your face and neck, and feel a great breeze.
- Mother Of The Bride Gownswww.kbarketti.com/customdesigner Custom Designed By Appointment With Renowned Designer. 416-225-6733
- 3.25% High Fixed GIC RateAlly.ca/GIC Daily compounded interest. No fees whatsover. No minimum deposit.
- GTA: $89 A/C Tune Upwww.furnaceking.ca Reg. $169: Save $80 before summer. Guaranteed energy savings. Call now
- AC Repair & Installationwww.AirQualitysOneHour.com AC Need Repair? Contact Us Today Serving Toronto for over 25 Years!
Read more: How to Beat The Summer Heat | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_2319796_beat-summer-heat.html#ixzz1PGlAlWT1